-Implementation of full day Kindergarten. Finding ways to fund within budget.
-Supporting our schools to make sure they have resources necessary to compete and achieve a higher level of academic success.
-Encourage our legislature to increase Chapter 70 funding to Chelmsford or provide more state lottery money.
Economic Development Through Sustainability
-Focus on improving dilapidated and underutilized commercial buildings.
-Encourage projects that enhance community features:
-Increased greenery & setbacks
-Walking & Biking Trails
- Access to Bruce Freeman Rail Trail
-Improvement to public parks, playgrounds and open space
- Encourage new business to reinvest in old buildings
- Renovate and re-use existing buildings on 129, 3A and Rt 110
-Add valuation to commercial buildings to increase CIP tax base and reduce taxes
on residential homes.
Regionalization, Long Range Planning and Strategic Budget Control
- Identify and group resources with other communities to save tax dollars such as:
- Regionalizing 911 Call Center
- Regionalizing Energy Aggregation
- Provide clear goals and strong direction to the town manager
- Work with finance committee and Master Plan to look at town budget priorities
- Improve government efficiencies and processes with a focus on quality to save tax payers money
Increasing volunteerism, communication & government education
-Implement a student government day with the schools to provide students with a knowledge of what government does and an opportunity for a career track.
- Be a strong advocate for all residents
- Be open and available to discuss all issues during open office hours
- No issue is too small and all ideas are welcome
- Report back on the best way to improve and solve issues